Security Basics mailing list archives

New Whitepaper - "The Phishing Guide"

From: "WebAppSecurity [Technicalinfo.net]" <webappsec () technicalinfo net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:44:03 +0100

Hi Security-basics list,

You may be interested in NGS's latest vendor-neutral whitepaper - its about
Phishing.  Several points are made about poor security development and
management - and their exploitation through phishing attack vectors.  It
aims to be a comprehensive (non-technical) guide to the phishing threat and
what's necessary to protect against it.

Press release: http://www.nextgenss.com/pressrel.htm

Paper: http://www.ngssoftware.com/papers/NISR-WP-Phishing.pdf

Cheers.

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html