Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: a tool like nestat

From: ttate () ctscorp com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 9:31:40 AM+0500

A good port monitoring tool can be found at:
http://www.download.com/3000-2085-10062969.html?part=65960&subj=dlpage&tag=button

It's called ActivePorts.

"Hamish Stanaway" <koremeltdown () hotmail com> 09/09/04 02:50AM >>>
Hi there,

Netstat -bvan does not work for me. Netstat -van does however, so maybe
there is no -b switch on XP Pro? The method I was talking about you take the
PID from netstat and run it against task, and it tells you the application
for that particular PID.
I would love to learn a new way of how to do this though :)

Kindest of regards,

Hamish Stanaway, CEO

Absolute Web Hosting / -= KoRe WoRkS =- Internet Security
Auckland, New Zealand

http://www.webhosting.net.nz
http://www.buywebhosting.co.nz
http://www.koreworks.com