Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Simple Effective Secure Email

From: "Raoul Armfield" <armfield () amnh org>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:39:04 -0400

:-----Original Message-----
:From: LordInfidel () directionweb com
:[mailto:LordInfidel () directionweb com]
:Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 4:36 PM
:To: 'Steve'; security-basics () securityfocus com
:Subject: RE: Simple Effective Secure Email
:
:
:What you want is PGP  (www.pgp.com), there are several versions.
:You want the freeware version unless you are using exchange, then
:you need the workgroup version.  I'm not sure if it works with
:outlook express, but I can't see why it wouldn't.
:

FYI PGP freeware as of version 8 no longer encrypts or decrypts email.
So you would have to purchase it but considering that it is only about
$40.00 it wont break the bank

Raoul

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html