Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Defense in Depth

From: "Gautam R. Singh" <gautam.singh () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:27:38 +0530

Hi Ronish,

Why dont u host webservers between the two firewalls instead of
putting it in 2nd firewalls dmz? that should provide you with more
flexiblility? as when you add new servers you will have to configure 1
firewall & thus the configurations would be simplified.

The security depends on how "well you configure" the firewalls to
protect your network.

Regards,
Gautam

http://gautam.techwhack.com
i am lookin for a job :P

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:33:45 -0700 (PDT), Ronish Mehta