Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Intro To Hacking

From: Andrew Smith <stfunub () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:48:57 +0100

Well, basically you want to find a vulnerability in the machine that
you can exploit,
have a look on www.securityfocus.com,www.packetstormsecurity.org,www.zone-h.org,www.k-oitk.com
for exploits.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:35:52 -0500, Jason Dusek <jason-dusek () uiowa edu> wrote:
Well, I do own it. It would be dumb for me to ask for an intro to hacking and
then make my first attempt on someone else's machine - I'd more than likely get
caught.

As far as googling, google what? Even some nice keywords would help.

_jason

Andrew Smith wrote:
Read, Google. Security updates, exploits, etc.

I doubt you will get any specific advice here, your post sounds very
much to me like you're trying to crack a server you don't actually
own.

Good Luck, Have Fun.