Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tutorial on writing to Registery

From: <adisegna () siscocorp com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:25:14 -0400

Here is an example of a WSH script using the REG.EXE. This script copies
the settings in the registry of Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition to
a folder. It's basically doing a registry export from the command line
versus using the regedit.exe GUI. This is a working script for those of
you using Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition. I use it to backup my
settings to another server in case of a server crash (saves time instead
of restoring from a tape). Use "reg.exe Import" to put information back
into the registry.

Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
objShell.Exec "%comspec% /k reg.exe Export
HKLM\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion
C:\temp\Registry.reg"
'Wscript.Echo "Backup Complete" & vbNewLine & "Contents copied to some
secrete location"

Thanks.

AD
Information Technology Group
Security Identification Systems Corporation