Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tutorial on writing to Registery

From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan () DavidClark com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:12:41 -0400

A couple ways:

Craft a .reg file, and then import it, with a command like this:

Regedit /q file.reg

For an example REG file, set the entries by hand on one machine, and
then, using regedit, export that key.

Another easy way is to use REG.exe from the resource kit... Run REG /?
At a command line to see the syntax.  Using Reg.exe, you could do all of
them from your desk...

Or WMI/VBScripting...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.