Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Secure FTP Client

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:09:32 -0500

Having faced similar requirements over the years...and having fought to
find the "best" secure FTP standard...and never finding anything but
client compatibility problems...I turned to HTTPS...and my life became
bliss again.  Just build a few web pages to accept file uploading and
downloading and let the web's most agreed upon standard do the rest.

Roger

***
*Roger A. Grimes, Banneret Computer Security, Computer Security
Consultant
*CPA, CISSP, MCSE: Security (NT/2000/2003/MVP), CNE (3/4), A+
*email: roger () banneretcs com
*cell: 757-615-3355
*Author of Malicious Mobile Code:  Virus Protection for Windows by
O'Reilly
*http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/malmobcode
*Author of upcoming Honeypots for Windows (Apress)
****