Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Secure host newbie

From: Simon Lemieux <lemieuxs () ca inter net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:12:00 -0500

Mitchell Rowton wrote:
A good place to start
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/

Also read up on the specific apps
http://www.apache.org/

Also try SecurityDocs, check out the web security area, but there are
more specific areas to look into (apache, ssh, and ssl are separate
categories.)
http://www.securitydocs.com/

When you come up with specific questions let us know!

Thank you very much I'll dig into the linuxsecurity documentation and as soon as I get my host up and running I'll read the section in securitydocs that covers the servers I will add. (I'll read before doing anything with the host of course).

Thank you very much!
  Simon

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html