Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wireless access

From: "Ellis, Wong Chung Yee" <ellis.wong () corp sunday com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:28:12 +0800

Hi Michel

For 802.11b, the simplest thing you can do is to ask your "director" to
select a different frequency channel both client and the router... but I
have feelings that the WLAN setting is so "generic" or by factory default,
e.g. default SSID, no encryption.

Therefore, you may want to ask him to re-config the WLAN equipment in a more
secured way, including encryption (WEP, WAP, LEAP), disable broadcast,
regular change of SSID, use MAC and IP filter.

Regards
Ellis Wong