Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: AD in the DMZ . . . OK?

From: "Ferino Mardo" <RMardo () ALJOMAIHBEV com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:13:42 +0300

Hey Karl.

The only reason people put Exchange on the DMZ is to act as an SMTP
relay whereby this relay will be the middle-man between the internal
Exchange server and the Internet.

As far as syncing AD in the DMZ I don't think it's recommended as this
would defeat the purpose of DMZ which is to hide the internal LAN's
resources.