Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Comcast Cable Setup Security Issue

From: Gandalf The White <gandalf () digital net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:07:26 -0500

Greetings and Salutations:

From: tbishop () micron com [mailto:tbishop () micron com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 6:01 AM
I am not sure why you had to go through such hoops to get a Comcast
installation working.  I have performed a dozen or so Comcast
installations for friends and family without a hitch.  The CD that you
used is completely unnecessary.  All you have to do is hookup your
equipment, call Comcast to register your modem's MAC, and poof, you're
done.  I am not writing this to insult you (or your intelligence), but
instead to hopefully save you time should you need to perform a Comcast
installation in the future.