Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help installing Nmap

From: mike () genxweb net
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:09:53 +0000

The -U command is used for updating or refreshing packages try this rpm -ivh
nmap.x.x.rpm

That should work

Quoting El C0chin0 <mr.nasty () ix netcom com>:

I'm trying to install nmap-3.50xxx.rpm on a redhat linux 9 box.  When I run
the rpm command with the -U switch I get:

  error: failed dependenices:

       nmap = 3.00 is needed by (installed) nmap-frontend-3.00-4.

I've looked all over the place and don't have time to read the history of
nmap and the internet to figure out how to install the frickin package.  Does
anyone have a quicky fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!