Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Why Security testing is required

From: "Matt Lyon" <themattlyon () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:07:04 -0800

Hi List,

As a non technical person I want to know why security testing is required
when all security systems like Firewall, IDS and content management are in
place.

This is a very basic question but I want to know answers from different
users point of view like:-

1.      system Administrator
2.      system Manager
3.      User
4.      CEO of the company

Thanks in advance.

NKP

Because you can't assume the infalibility of those systems. An employee could introduce a hole and not know it thus leaving your whole system vulnerable.

IMHO the hardest part of keeping a network secure is limiting the human factor.

Take off on a romantic weekend or a family adventure to these great U.S. locations. http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_security-basics_040219