Security Basics mailing list archives

SV: IIS Sniffing for newb

From: "Kim Guldberg" <kim () bufferzone dk>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:27:38 +0100

Download Ethereal from http://www.ethereal.com and install. In comes is
available for Linux And Windows.
This Ethernet sniffer is easy to use.

Regards
Kim

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Edmund Mitchell [mailto:edmund.mitchell () advantageware com]
Sendt: 2. februar 2004 18:47
Til: security-basics () securityfocus com
Emne: IIS Sniffing for newb

Hello all,

Can someone point me to a simple explanation -- the docs I've read are a
bit
over my head.

I want to sniff the traffic between my workstation and a test IIS server
on
our intranet, to make sure that supposedly secure pages are being
encrypted.
I have no experience trying this.

The test server and my workstation are at my disposal, so I can install
anything I want.

Any links/tips appreciated,

---
Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off
any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.

We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion
Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720
off
any course!
----