Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Recover Yahoo MEssenger password

From: "Raoul Armfield" <armfield () amnh org>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:13:02 -0400

Naren,

:Does anyone know of any method or tool to recover Yahoo
:Messenger password ?
:
:My customer's pc had the password saved, in the system, and the windows
:crashed.
:
:Upon a recovery, the yahoo messenger does not load up, and he does not
:remember the password.
:
:Are there any tools, to recover the password, from some cache file or
:something, in the system ?
:

Can he not simply go to mail.yahoo.com and follow the forgot your
password steps?  Surely he remembers his yahoo! ID (screenname)

Raoul

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html