Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Online Universitties with Information Security Programs

From: "Becky Newell-Nicosia" <becky () osibia com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:47:15 -0700

Santa Clara University offers an Information Assurance certification program
(http://ia.engr.scu.edu/) for undergrad and graduate students.

This program has been recently certified by the Committee on National
Systems Security of the NSA as meeting the standards of the National INFOSEC
Education and Training Program.  Once you complete some of the listed
courses (below), you receive the CNSS (NSTISSI) standard 4011 for
information assurance professionals certification.  This certification
provides the minimum course content for the training of information systems
security (INFOSEC) professionals in the disciplines of telecommunications
security and automated information systems (AIS) security.

SCU Course List:
- Introduction to Information Security
- Computer Forensics
- Cryptology
- Information Security Management
- Secure Systems Development and Evaluation I
- Secure Systems Development and Evaluation II
- Secure Distributed Systems and Protocols
- Internet and E-Commerce Security
- Digital Watermarking

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academia/iace.cfm
If you click on the "Institutions" link, it will show you a list of all
certified colleges.  Santa Clara University offers only a couple online
courses.  Other colleges may offer a greater variety of online courses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Becky Newell-Nicosia
becky () osibia com
http://www.osibia.com

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html