Security Basics mailing list archives

Linux and firewall load balancing

From: "Keith T. Morgan" <keith.morgan () terradon com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:35:30 -0400

For some time, I've been considering writing a daemon to synchronize Linux state tables and firewall rulesets, and a
bunch of other stuff to create a firewall load-balancing solution for Linux.  However, I don't want to re-invent the
wheel.  Is anyone aware of a good open source HA/Load-balancing solution for Linux?  IMO, this is one of the biggest
features that separates Linux from the big commercial firewall vendors at the mid and high end.

We're able to make Linux do 90-95% of the stuff the big commercial vendors can do, but we can't offer an open-source
solution to the high-end customers that require redundancy and failover.

Sure would be nice if......

I know, I know, get off my butt and write it.

Keith T Morgan
CISSP, MCP, CCSA/CCSE
Terradon Communications Group

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** this message has been scanned for viruses, vandals and malicious content **