Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File Encryption - Part II

From: Patrick Boucher <pboucher () gardienvirtuel com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:42:23 -0400

Greetings,

   I have been said in this same message tread. Lots of people are using PGP.
For one, i am using it. Version 8.0 on Windows XP.
PGPDisk, create a file then "mount " that file to a drive like S: or
something, There is an Option for you to use NTFS mount file.. so you could
have c:\secret that is completely encrypted.

Else, pgp can encrypt a file. Using either a Public Key or Shared Secret
(password)

PGP is one of the mostly used encryption software found around.

Why not use it ?

Patrick