Security Basics mailing list archives

What is the most secure web browser,

From: secureot <secureot () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:37:16 -0700 (PDT)

I have been researching these security lists for a
while, and am still puzzled and would like some
feedback…
There have been several recent vulnerabilities in the
past few weeks alone on IE, that prove that it is
obviously not the secure web browser of choice.
My question to the list, is what is the most secure
browser that will not get manipulated like IE?
Is the programming languages and protocols at fault or
$pecific vendors?
I don’t think that continuous, almost daily patching
is realistic or even close to a resolution. I also do
not believe that Lynx is an answer.
Any input would be appreciated…
Thanks,
:-)