Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File Encryption - Laptop

From: Sean Earp <smearp () mac com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:17:12 -0700

Ethan-

Running a google search on "Windows 98 File Encryption," <http://www.google.com/search?q=windows+98+file+encryption&ie=UTF- 8&oe=UTF-8> there were about 300,000 results. There appear to be a number of shareware solutions, and clicking on the first sponsored link <http://www.securstar.com/>, I came across a program called DriveCrypt 4.0 that looks like it would do everything you are looking for it to do. I have not personally used the product, but perhaps someone else can share their experiences with this or a similar product.

-Sean