Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Would you bet your life on your security?

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:28:46 -0700

  There's a truism to the effect that the only secure
machine is unusable.  So if this outfit has any competence
at all they *will* find vulnerabilities in any useful
network.
  The more critical question is, can they find vulnerabilities
that the organization does not consider an acceptable risk
associated with being in business.  Since different
organizations have different tolerances for risk, this
may be hard to guess up front -- I doubt they're willing
to bet on THAT.

David Gillett