Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: A reminder that security is not inherently solvable with tech nology

From: "J Kallberg" <jk () cyberdefense com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:38:53 -0500

I studied at university in the 90's trust management and reputation risks.
My LL.M. thesis was about activism/online attacks and how it affected the
trust, reputation and down the line - the business of the affected.

I realized by then that you can avoid a lot of the activism but just implementing
a few non-technical measures as removing triggering factors on the web, the
way the company present itself, how they handle complaints that they receive
online....preventing the marketing and PR to go too far and provoke activism.

I have become more human oriented and less tech oriented the last years.

I think complaints, etc, can be an excellent source of intelligence. They are signs
and they lead somewhere.

Jon Kallberg