Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Default Services on Ciscos IOS

From: "Morgan, Dwayne J" <MorganD7 () bp com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:09:33 -0500

Here is a listing I keep in a text file named "cisco-settings.txt". I
copy-n-paste this into my 11.x and 12.x cisco routers from the enable/config
terminal. You may have to modify to fit your needs.
You will get an error on one or the other of the "no service finger" or "no
ip finger" depending on the IOS router/switch. One of them should take.

From "config t"
no service finger
no ip finger
no service pad
service password-encryption
no service udp-small-servers
no service tcp-small-servers
no cgmp
no ip http server
no snmp-server community private RW
no snmp-server community public RO
no snmp-server chassis-id 0x09
no ip domain-lookup

no snmp-server engineID local xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfrom your system

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   This electronic transmission and any documents
sent with it constitute confidential or non-public information which may be
legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or have received
this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender
and delete it from your computer system.  Any use or disclosure the contents
of this communication by anyone other than an intended recipient is
prohibited and may be unlawful.