Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security Certs

From: "Myers, Marvin" <MRMyers () anteon com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:23:48 -0400

Finally someone with the same attitude as mine. My biggest issue though
is that I feel as if in order to pass the tests for the Certs, I have to
lie. I have been to two different MCSE classes and have quit in the
middle of both when the instructor got mad when he was proven wrong by
myself and some of the other students. I even went as far as threatening
litigation against one technical institute due to the inability of their
multi-certified instructor. I guess that the brainwashing techniques
that are in place in order to get those letters behind your name really
do work, because the instructors do seem to believe all of the BS that
they are spouting. I know that there are some really qualified people
that have the certs, but they are only successful in the real world if
they do what works and not what the course teaches. I may not make as
much money as the boyz with the letterz, but I sure do love it when I am
sent in to clean up the mess that they left as they were getting canned
for incompetence. I have had more than one experience where the MCSE
could not fix an issue because real engineers do not crawl under desks
to plug in the cable that the secretary kicked out when she was
squirming in her seat while signing the UPS boys receipt pad. Keep
screwing up guys, it keeps my mortgage payments on time, and my Beemer
filled with premium.