Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Question regarding Cisco PIX's PDM

From: White-Tiger <white-tiger () rocketmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:24:50 -0800 (PST)

Its my understanding that you create users and asign them
access level.

Then you can edit each commands access level.

I have not used the access level.  All the users that can
sign on to our pix has same access.

There is a place inside of the pdm to edit the command
security level, and users.

Hope this helps

WT
--- erisk <erisk () iinet net au> wrote:
Hi,

I have a question regarding the PDM command...

How does one limit PDM access to people/clients on the
inside interface...
Do you have to define an explicit ACL for https for the
PIX's internal
interface? Will this still stop it or are there other
commands that you can
use??

Regards

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web
Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce
overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027