Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Question regarding Cisco PIX's PDM

From: "Craig Janssen" <cjanssen () mail millikin edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:24:22 -0600

The config command I use to specify the addresses that are allowed to
access the PDM is:

http server enable
http <ip address> <subnet mask> <if-name>

So, if you wanted to allow host 192.168.0.100 to access PDM on the
inside, issue the command

http 192.168.0.100 255.255.255.255 inside

All requests from any other address will be ignored.

Craig

______________________________
Craig Janssen, MCP, A+
Network and Internet Services Manager
Millikin University Information Technology Dept
(217) 362-6488
cjanssen () mail millikin edu

"erisk" <erisk () iinet net au> 11/12/03 03:23AM >>>
Hi,

I have a question regarding the PDM command...

How does one limit PDM access to people/clients on the inside
interface...
Do you have to define an explicit ACL for https for the PIX's internal
interface? Will this still stop it or are there other commands that you
can
use??

Regards

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services
security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP
costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027