Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: googling an IP address

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:27:34 -0700

  Huh?

1.  I've tried googling for addresses, and rarely get much result.
I've just tried googling for MY ip address, and got NO hits.

2.  I'd expect the referrer headers in any pages cached by Google
would record how Google's own prowling bots reached the cached page.
Why would Google by caching -- and indexing! -- your friends' page
visits?  It doesn't make any sense!

  It's just possible that by "googled" you mean something other
than "searched via http://www.google.com";.  Do you?

David Gillett