Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: some permission problem?

From: "SB CH" <chulmin2 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 12:57:02 +0000

Thanks again for all your kind answer.

But there is another way like some other user's file include /etc/passwd, like dbconn.inc which contains a username and password of the db(like mysql. oracle...) in web hosting server.

As a matter of fact, anyone can read these files easily using fileopen() like perl or php function by web. Is there any method against this attack?

Thanks again.