Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Telnet vs PcAnywhere

From: "Depp, Dennis M." <deppdm () ornl gov>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:53:30 -0500

Tony,

Are these both going to a Windows box, or is the telnet going to a Unix
box?  In any case, telnet sends username and password in clear text :(.
PCAnywhere has the capability to require encryption of the username and
password :).  I am not sure how good the encryption is with PCAnywhere,
but at least it is something.

Dennis