Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: network drive port change method?

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:35:44 -0000

Hello,

I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to do.  If you want to lock the port down completely at the machine then install
a personal firewall on it.  If you need the port internally then block it for external connections at the firewall and
router.  If you need it externally but securely then try stunnel to re-direct the port to another port but have it in
place.

www.stunnel.org

Will have more details.  I maybe able to be of more help if you had a scenerio.

Trevor Cushen