Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Book Review

From: "Mark Maher" <Mmaher () ochsner org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:54:01 -0500

I find it amazing that people can comment of these books when they: a) haven't read them, and b) don't know their
purpose. Please read Simon Gray's previous response to this issue.

Mark Maher CISSP, CPA, GCIA, GCIH
Security and Risk Management
Ochsner Clinic Foundation

"Tony Bradley | NetSecurity" <netsecurity.guide () about com> 07/23/03 11:10AM >>>
For that amount of money I think you could buy a whole library of books
on a specific subject or a broader range of subjects and get the
perspective of different authors that would probably be much more
valuable. You can check out my Top Security Book Picks for ideas
(http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/toppicks/tp/topbooks.htm)

I can't see what they could possibly put into a book or CD that would
make it worth $500 plus.

Tony Bradley, CISSP, MCSE2k, MCSA, MCP, A+
About.com Guide for Internet / Network Security
http://netsecurity.about.com