Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: linux version (solved)

From: "Mike Powell" <mpowell () dsl pipex com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:21:40 -0000

Red Hat mirrors: http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html

However, I'd say as a newbie and as a user of Debian, FreeBSD and Red Hat
that Debian with it's 'apt-get install <package name>' (indeed it's
'apt-get' feature alone) is by far the easiest linux to tailor, update and
maintain.

Try a few distros, but I reckon you'll realise that the biggest player isn't
always the best

Good luck!

Mike Powell
Barry College, UK