Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VPN & PPPoE

From: Jack Napier <get1u69 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:02:23 -0800 (PST)

Paul,

Can your user connect to via VPN at all??  We have
seen issues with the Linsys wireless and Cisco VPN,
but our issue was the user could authenticate but that
was the end of it.  No routing redirection would take
place on the client once connected.

Our solution was to disable IPSEC passthrough on the
linksys router.

Hope that helps.
JN
--- Paul Gaskin <paul () midwesttechnologies com> wrote:
I am new to the list and I'm not sure if this even
falls into this category
but I'm getting desperate!

We have set up a VPN and it seems to work fine
everyone can log on and move
around the network and send and receive email.

One person though... on a DSL using PPPoE can not
send e-mail. we have tried
everything... has anyone run into this problem?

the user is on a Windows XP laptop connected to a
Linksys wireless router
(Using PPPoE). and Outlook for E-mail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance