Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Inputs appreciated

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:34:36 -0800

From: Philip Storry <phil () philipstorry net>
However, if you do feel that they are a problem, then I would suggest
that you look at implementing a procedure whereby holidays should
require notification of the IT/IS teams, so that the user's accounts
can be disabled for the duration of their absence. That may be a wise
precaution of the user would have no remote access anyway.

We do this, I'd say it should be part of any basic security plan just as common sense.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Horoscope, Zodiac, Astrology, I reject these outmoded theologies. If I must be identified by a symbol, then I choose the caffeine molecule, for it is ever within me."

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail