Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: HIPAA certs

From: "Taylor, Bud" <BTaylor () stginc com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:09:52 -0500

The answer is that until it gets to court no one knows.  HIPAA represents
1000's of pages of requirements that are ambiguous at best and contradictory
at worst.  HIPAA's useful function is the standardization of procedure codes
saving the health care industry and in turn consumers untold sums.  For
implementing HIPAA security compliance, best bet is to secure the
infrastructure to DoD standards and industry best practices. Include in your
contract that you will not represent your clients in court as if you end up
in front of a judge it's anyone's best guess as to what may happen.