Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Compromised Server Project

From: "s7726" <s7726 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:48:12 -0800

I myself am wondering if you can really call this a "compromised system". it
would seem to me that leaving it open on any sort of network with full
read/write for FTP would just be a system that s being used. IMHO to
compromise the system they would have had to do a little more than ftp
blank.whatever.com to get in.

Gavin S.