Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cryptography/Cryptanalysis

From: "Luke StClair" <luke () uiuc edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:00:16 -0500

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 01:10:14PM -0500, nokio x0 wrote:
If there are any books/online texts you can refer me to please do so. Also,
what guides/books do you recommend I should take a look at on the subject
of Cryptanalysis? My goal is to some-day become a cryptanalist for the NSA.
Sounds cheasy but from what I know about cryptology, facinates me.
Thanks in advance, any response will be much appreciated.

Any amount of searching will turn up Applied Cryptography, by Bruce
Schneier.  Start there.  Code is included for all the algorithms (I
believe all of them, if not, quite a few), along with good explanations.
From there, you should know enough to go on your own.

--
Luke StClair
run_faster () hotmail com