Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security in sun solaris

From: Lukas Sosnovec <lukas76cz () seznam cz>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:44:59 +0200

Hello Cristian,
You will probably not need most of these services. Look at /etc/rc2.d, /etc/rc3.d and /etc/inetd.conf. The good way is
look for any file or line in inetd.conf on Internet and you will see what is it use for.

This link could be interesting for you (it's not new, but still good)
http://sabernet.home.comcast.net/papers/Solaris.html

This one could help you understand the services: http://www.serverworldmagazine.com/sunserver/2000/11/attack.shtml

Unfortunatelly solaris version of netstat doesn't support -p, lsof will do the work.

Lukas

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:17:01 +0700