Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security in sun solaris

From: Christian <christian () dnet net id>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:34:36 +0700

many thanks to
martin.campbell () ed ac uk
Frank.Branch () GD-NS Com
svawter () zonelabs com
salgak () speakeasy net
lukas76cz () seznam cz

actually, i have worked on inetd before on reducing unneccesary
services, but the problem was in the services that was not in inetd, but
anyway, thanks to the many people above, now i can secure my solaris box.
a very good link that was pointed to me : (and it's really helpfull)
http://security.vt.edu/lockitdown/
http://sabernet.home.comcast.net/papers/Solaris.html
http://www.serverworldmagazine.com/sunserver/2000/11/attack.shtml

btw, i have problem installing lsof 4.68 on my sun solaris box, the
install command was (after make install):
install -m 2755 -g kmem lsof /usr/local/lsof/
and it ends up with message saying
"install: lsof was not found anywhere!"
i have read the faqs and search the web but no uck so far, maybe someone could enlighten me?

regards,
christian