Security Basics mailing list archives

Router Suggestions?

From: "Kirk A. Ellsworth" <kirk () solutionsconsultingits com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:15:07 -0600

I have a friend who is setting up a home network in Denver and will be using Comcast Cable.  Does anyone have any
recommendation on a secure wireless cable modem.  He would like wireless, firewall, and cable modem all in one.

I suggested a Netgear or to save money a Linksys.  Does one of these bands have more security?

thanks in advance-

ke

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com