Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Router Suggestions?

From: Chee Heng Chin <chchin () iastate edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:08:03 -0500 (CDT)

I guess one's experience may vary from one to another. I use Linksys products
like their WAPs and for small networks in rooms that dont amount to more than
between 12 to 16 PCs. I can say that Linksys makes pretty reliable products.
And they always have updates for their firmware when problems are discovered. I
am also happy with their 24x7 tech support which had a reasonable wait time (15-
20 mins)

Chin

From personal experience, I would stay away from Linksys.  I have problems
with their wireless broadband router all the time.  I would go with either
SMC or Netgear.  I have used both at our temporary locations here at work,
and we have almost no problems with either of those brands.

Tim Donahue