Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Kazza and ISA server

From: "Maher Odeh" <rax () netvision net il>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 07:46:14 +0200

Dear Cosme
Problem here is that Kazaa uses port 80 to connect as well
Even if you use this method of ALL blocked except for HTTP SMTP
Kazaa will use this port and connect...

The only way to block it is to look for the headers sent on port 80
And if you see X-Kazaa header, then drop it, this can be done on FW-1
via the Smart Defense or via MS ISA server with the help of URLScan
templates to block a specific headers..

Thanks,