Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Multiple IP's (IP Aliasing)

From: "Arturo \"Buanzo\" Busleiman" <buanzo () buanzo com ar>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:01:32 -0300 (ART)

If the aplication supports it, tell it the source address you want to use.
(line traceroute or nmap). It it doesn't, then, if you want to access
remote irc servers with a secondary IP, you could arrange a set of
iptables (or similar) rules for that.

--
Arturo "Buanzo" Busleiman - www.buanzo.com.ar - GNU/Linux Documentation
GNU's es_AR Team Leader - PGP/GnuPG Key available at horowitz.surfnet.nl