Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port 1025 - Network Blackjack

From: "dos cerveza" <dos_cerveza () mail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 03:52:21 -0500

Port 1025 in Windows XP/2K is open by default.
It is not network/blackjack even tho most port lists will tell you that it is.
It is MSTask.exe that is listening on that port.
Check out:
http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm?subnav=resources/navigation.htm&subcontent=/resources/proddesc/fport.htm
afaik you can disable this by going to the following registry key.
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Add a REG_DWORD named DisableTaskMgr and set the value to 1 to disable the task manager.
Edit the registry at your own risk.

MSTask.exe is indeed used AV.