Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port 1025 - Network Blackjack

From: Michael Thompson <mike () thompsonmike co uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:18:25 +0100

Hello osden,

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, at 20:58:49 [GMT +1000] (which was 11:58 in my
TimeZone) you wrote:

o> Hi everybody,

o> My WIN XP box has been scanned number of times this week from IP which on
o> return scanning seems to have TCP Port 1025 (Network Blackjack) open. It
o> also has  port 135 (DCE endpoint resolution).
o> Could someone enlightened me on this. I have googled and have had a look at
o> past listing of this type on this very mailing list. But no one had given a
o> answer to this.

o> Letme know. Thankxx in advance.

o> Cheerzzzzzzzz !!!!!!!
o> Osden

Do you use Norton Antivirus? If you do the email virus checker holds
ports in this range. It is how it interfaces on to the TCP/IP stack
(As a Proxy).

--
Best regards,
 Michael