Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network scanning

From: Sebastian Schneider <ses () straightliners de>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:09:40 +0200

On Friday 08 August 2003 14:19, CHRIS GRABENSTEIN wrote:

As far as the hard wires, I think the best solution is to search out those
unused ports and unplug them from the switch.  They can be quickly
reconnected if needed, and you'll know about it.

I guess you're actually aware, that not everyone is locking up rooms
containing switches.
And just plugging out unused cables won't be sufficient, since usually
I just can plug out any computer and plug in my own.