Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: jeckyl hyde network

From: Mel <rockchick () totalise co uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:03:27 +0100

Hi Mada

I can't advise on a product that is free of charge, but SonicWall do a firewall/VPN appliance especially for home users who want to separate their business network from their home network. It's called Tele3TZ and has a DMZ port from which your kids could access the Internet/download crap etc without endangering the rest of your network. Taken from the website: "The Tele3TZ creates a zone of "trusted" network security. This trusted zone protects your corporate network from exposure to malicious intrusions that may occur when networked family members create "back doors" by inadvertently opening up highly vulnerable ports through online activities."
Costs around £400 sterling.  Here's a link to the website:
http://www.sonicwall.com/products/tele3tz.html

Mel