Security Basics mailing list archives

Sniffing Howto

From: Nuno Branco <branco () markdata pt>
Date: 30 Oct 2002 12:25:41 +0000

I recently found some time to code a little and I was interesting in
doing a little packet sniffer just for for fun. :)

I am working with gcc and libpcap and i already read the tutorial in
www.tcpdump.org. I also tried looking around dsniff source code, but
that's a little ahead of me right now, I want to do more simple stuff
just for learning purposes.

I was looking for more tutorials about how to capture the TCP/UDP/IP
packets in ethernet, more interested in the data layer itself.

Google wasn't able to give me much of interest or I inserted the wrong
question.

Does anyone know any good books or other tutorials about capturing
packets?

Thanks,
Nuno Branco