Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Viewing web content off-line (Apache) - default Oracle install of self-service apps

From: Johan De Meersman <johan () ops skynet be>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:13:26 +0100

stef wrote:

Speaking of server-based solution I actually came across something I was
going to try: mod_headers and mod_expires in Apache - presumably able to
handle the needed cache-control in http (the application-layer protocol),

The way I understand what you're trying to do, all you need is to send
http-headers 'Expires: now' and/or 'Nochache'. I'm not sure about the
exact syntax (have a look at the http rfc), but your server-side
application should be able to handle this easily. However, whatever
server-side pragmas you implement, you'll always be depending on the
client browser to accurately interpret them.

--
Public GPG key at blackhole.pca.dfn.de .